Monday, October 15, 2012

Party Guest for Hire

This weekend, my Uncle Sean married Aunt Jen.  Avery and I got to be flower girls and Daddy served as Best Man.  Even though Mommy forgot to get us shoes and a hair appointment until the last minute, and even though Mommy got us lost on the way to the chapel and then realized we had to go back home for our dresses, and even though Mommy rushed us in the door 10 minutes before the wedding started, it turned out to be a picture perfect event and we were angelic as flower girls.  

Watching Aunt Jen and her beautiful bridesmaids was special.  Dancing in the garden among the flowers in our fancy dresses was special.  Being with so many family members who love my hugs was special.  But most special of all was the dancing at the reception.

After Aunt Jen and Uncle Sean said "I do", most people wanted to eat and chat for a while, but Avery and I are never slow to use an opportunity to dance!  We spun all around the floor.  We did the Minnie Mouse dance.  We got dipped by Mommy.  

After the cake was cut and the toasts were given, the DJ turned the music up and the lights down and everyone started dancing.  Avery thought the music was too loud and cuddled Aunt Suzy, but I was in my element!  I danced with anyone who would ask me.  I jumped around like a kangaroo, I danced in people's arms, I danced on my own, weaving in and out of groups of people.  The style of music didn't matter to me; I'd tear up the dance floor no matter what was played.  

At 10 pm, the party was winding down and Mom and Dad started packing up.  Although I could barely keep my head upright, I still begged to stay and keep dancing with Aunt Jen and her friends.  I could've danced all night!

It was a beautiful wedding and I'm so glad I got to be a part of it!


Love,
Kate Beth, Party Guest for Hire

No comments:

Post a Comment