Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Birthday Jitters

It's my birthday week, which means it's party time!  I love parties, but when I'm going to be the one in the center of all the attention, sometimes I feel a little nervous.

All week I told Mom not to let the people sing "Happy Birthday" to me.  And then, on Sunday, I couldn't eat lunch because I was starting to feel a little nervous about all of the attention people were going to give me at my party that night.

My party finally came, and I love love loved the animals, the pink pony, my outfit, the cupcakes... it was almost a perfect party.  Almost.  Except I looked around Clay's and noticed a bunch of people I didn't know!  I pulled Nana aside and asked her, "Why did Mommy inbite people I don't know?"  I was already a little unsure with some of my friends being there to celebrate me, and the thought of Mommy adding a lot of people to the invite list was just too much!  Mommy came over and explained that those extra people were just at Clay's to eat, but they wouldn't come sing to me or look at me at my party.  I was relieved!

When cake time came, I decided that I would let everyone sing to me and I'd blow out my candles *if* Macy would stand with me and help me.  And you know what...?  It wasn't so bad after all.

I had a super time at my party and it turns out that my Birthday Jitters didn't take any fun away.

Also for my birthday, I got to celebrate in chapel at school and have a family member come eat lunch with me.  No surprise, I picked Nana, although Mom decided to come along as well.  For my actual birthday dinner, we planned to go to the Downtown Aquarium, but Ree Ree came down with strep the day before and wasn't up to a trip.  So instead, I picked any dinner I wanted to eat, any cake I wanted from the bakery, any ice cream from Ritter's, and a hot tub swim!  It wasn't a bad replacement at all, and I felt happy, important, and very loved on my big day.

Click here for pictures from the week

Love,

Kate Beth, 4 year old!

No comments:

Post a Comment