Sunday, June 17, 2012

The Ooh La La Beauty Spa

One night before my mom had to leave for a meeting, she read me Fancy Nancy's book, Ooh La La!  It's Beauty Day!  While she was gone, I got an idea that was stupendous.  (That's a fancy word for wonderful.)
I followed the directions in the book exactly and set up a beauty spa in Mommy's bathroom.  Daddy tripped over our Spa when he was trying to bathe Reese, and so he convinced us to wait until the morning to set the spa up (convinced is a fancy word for required).

First thing in the morning, I popped out of bed and raced down the stairs.  In no time at all, I had the Ooh La La Beauty Spa set up for Mom.  I was so excited that she got right out of bed and came to the spa right away - before she had a chance to put in contacts, wash her face, or get coffee.  But when someone is as ecstatic as I was to get started, it's contagious.

I followed Fancy Nancy's book exactly... I had magazines for her to read (Discovery Kids and ZooBooks), a little Barbie bathtub full of water for her to soak her feet, rose petals scattered across the floor, a recorder to play for her while she relaxed, nail polish, hair brushes and spray, and so much more.

We painted her toenails and then used the hair dryer to make sure they were really set.  Then we rubbed  lotion on her legs.  I don't want to brag, but I was really thorough.  Next came Dad's turn with the lotion and then came time to fix Mom's hair.  I didn't have bananas and cucumbers for the face mask, so I told Mom I was just going to use lotion and oranges instead.  Right then is when Mommy looked at her watch and realized that it was time to get ready for the day.  

We had to pause the Ooh La La Beauty Day but Mom promised we'd get stuff for a proper face mask and finish it sometime soon.  

Mom is awfully lucky to have such a fancy daughter who is so inspired (that's a fancy way to say that the book gave me a great idea)!


Love,
Fancy Avery 

No comments:

Post a Comment