Thursday, March 8, 2012

DD Eggs

It was breakfast for dinner night at our house.

Mom pulled out the eggs and started to scramble them.  "Mommy!" I yelled, "Do you know how to make eggs like DD?"  This is critical stuff.  There are all sorts of eggs in the world, but I will only eat eggs made like DD's eggs.  Mom reassured me that she knows how to make eggs just like DD does.  He taught her how to make them himself.

This is good news.  DD must stay busy teaching his egg technique, and I told Mom so.  "Mommy, one time when I at Nana and DD's house, DD couldn't make breakfast so Nana made the eggs.  But DD told Nana how to make DD Eggs and so it was okay.  They tasted good, just like DD eggs."

I was feeling pretty good about the quality of my dinner on this particular night when I noticed Mommy pulling out breakfast sausages.  "Mommy!  Do you know how DD makes sausages?"

Mommy said, "No, I don't know how DD makes his sausages.  How does he make them?"

This could be trouble!  I don't know how he does it; I just know that Mommy better figure it out so my meal will be top notch.  Mom reassured me that her sausages would taste just like DD's,

When breakfast was served, Avery and I agreed that the eggs and sausage were yummy.  Avery even said, "Mommy, your eggs are even better than DD's!"

Well, I couldn't stand silently while titles were being carelessly tossed about.  I was willing to tell her they were as good as DD Eggs, but better?  We'll see about that!

"No, DD Eggs are still the best!" I said.  Mommy, somehow finding this very humorous, asked me how I knew who made the best eggs.  Oh, that's easy.  "When DD sees the eggs go off of my plate, he always gives me more."  Second and third helpings are critical, you know.

But don't feel bad for Mom.  She's reveling in the victory -she says it's been a life goal to have her eggs dubbed DD worthy.

Click here for pictures of the week

Love,
Kate Egg Aficionado McClinton


2 comments:

  1. You make me smile. Miss you dear friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the picture of Angelia and Reese riding the bike. Looks like she is having fun. Katie knows what she likes, and will tell you Cute egg story. Avery is so cute in her cowgirl outfit.

    ReplyDelete