Saturday, October 22, 2011

Howdy, Folks and Welcome...

...to the State Fair of Texas!

Our family has a long standing (more than 50 years!) tradition of joining Big Tex at the State Fair of Texas each year. This year, I loved the petting zoo, the car show, fair food (funnel cake, salt water taffy, Fletcher's corny dog, and ice cream!), and using my special fair money to buy a very *life-like* sleeping kitty.

I heard all about Big Tex, and I loved him as much as I was afraid of him. When we first got to the fair, I had to talk all about Big Tex - if he could move around to come get me, if he was real... I had Daddy carry me to go see him - but not too close! Any time he came into sight, I clung to the nearest adult. He's pretty cool, but I don't plan on crossing him.

The fair is so much fun, but the best part of State Fair weekend is family. Amelia, Avery and I played for hours in our hotel room, I loved on Mimi and Gran every chance I got, I slept in Nana and DD's room, and I admired Mom's cousins.

There's so much to love about State Fair weekend. I love this tradition!


Love,
Kate 'Little Tex' McClinton

No comments:

Post a Comment