Sunday, June 26, 2011

VBS at BCBC

This week was my first time ever at a summer camp! I went to VBS at the church my Mom and Dad met at... BCBC. Mom felt sentimental all week. Something about life being full circle... without BCBC, there would be no Mommy and Daddy, and without Mommy and Daddy, there would be no Avery. I didn't pay much attention to her sentiments, because there were much more fun things to think about!

Every morning, I met my friends Summer and Alyssa at the front of the church and played with them until it was time to go to class. Then, Alyssa and I would head to our classroom. I had so much to tell my family at the end of the day - all about how we changed classrooms all the time and did crafts and sang and learned about loving God and missionaries. And, at the end of every day, we had a chapel time with singing, people dressed up in awesome costumes, and games!

Kate wasn't going to be forgotten this week. Every day, she came to pick us up early and watched "Avery's movie" (chapel time), and she became totally obsessed with the Big Apple character. Mom and Kate spent many days searching the halls for the Big Apple Girl and talking about where she might be. Kate even loved singing along at the end of the week program to "Big Apple Adventure", our favorite song.

Even though I'm the only one old enough to go to VBS, Kate and I both enjoyed the time at BCBC to it's fullest!


Love,
Avery Big Apple Adventure McClinton

No comments:

Post a Comment