Sunday, June 19, 2011

"Digging Shells"

This week we went back to the beach, but this time we went to Corpus with my family. As soon as we got there, I discovered digging shells! Digging shells became the most important thing in my life for the time we were there (well, digging shells and playing Pocahontas in the swimming pool...)

A digging shell is a special shell that you can find if you look under the sand. There are tons and tons of them if you know where to look! Another choice is to put Avery in charge of finding the digging shells. She's very determined and way more successful than me at finding them. And, then I could be free to just watch what happens next.

Once you dig up a bunch of digging shells, it's time for the magic! They lay there for a while, and then... all of the sudden!... they start to dig back under the sand! Sometimes, they need a little help, because Mommy says if the sand is too dry, they don't dig as well. No problem! I just stand, looking at the ocean, and yell, "Ocean! Come here!" Usually, that works. If not, a watering can and a short sprint into the waves will do the trick.

This game can keep a gal busy for hours on end. Often, I would sing to my special 'garden' of digging shells about how they were going to grow since I watered them so well.

Digging shells. One of about 100 magical moments I enjoyed in Corpus with my family. The beach really is an endless supply of happiness!


Love,
Kate 'Digging Shells' McClinton

1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful weekend, for me too. It is amazing how much energy Angela has in her condition! Going to be fun with three little girls.

    ReplyDelete