Monday, April 25, 2011

Easter Overload

There seem to be two types of people in the world... the kind of people who can't say no to a good time and the type of people who balance their activities a bit. Mommy and Daddy both lean towards a good time whenever there's one to be had, and it makes for a very fun, full holiday celebration.

We celebrated Easter thoroughly. We had parties, family, friends, egg hunts galore, confetti eggs, cookies, cake pops, cake, candy, a road trip, late nights, skipped naps... the fun just kept going and going.

To be sure, I loved every single second of Easter fun. It's just that at the end of it all, when the parties are over and the eggs are all found and the confetti is all over the many yards we cracked them in, sometimes I'm a little tired. Sister and I have found two different ways of coping.

For Avery, the best way to express Easter Overload is to scream. Avery was the picture of perfection the entire week - sweet and loving, obedient. But when she's done... she tells us all. Suddenly, it would seem that obedience or politeness would do her in, and instead of giving in to sleep, she'd cry over and over, "I want to stop crying! I want to stop crying!" This can last for hours. Amazing.

I find the way Avery handles exhaustion to be... well, exhausting. Instead, I'd crawl in Mommy's lap and say, "I wan' go home. I tire." And then I'd sleep. It took me most of yesterday afternoon and today to recover, but I find my way works well. I'm already feeling 100% again and was able to keep Avery awake tonight after lights out with lots of questions.

Avery may still need a little time to catch up on sleep, but we both agree... the Easter fun was WORTH IT!

CLICK HERE FOR PICTURES OF THE WEEK (Not included: Avery's school party... only party moms go and it wasn't our turn)

Love,
Kate "I not Bunny Foo Foo... I Kate!" McClinton

1 comment: