Sunday, March 13, 2011

Taking Mommy to School

This week, I got to take Mommy to school for a few hours to show her what it's like to be a Panda. I showed her how to play in the music and science centers, how to make a boot art project, how to sort colors, and what we do in circle time. I especially liked sharing with Mommy just how smart I am. Avery is such a smart (and loud) girl that it's easy for me to sometimes be overshadowed. But, in my own classroom, with my peer group, Mommy could really see and enjoy all of my many strengths: I know my colors, my gender, how to wash my hands all by myself, and I'm really good at the fine-motor skill of picking stickers off of a page. Mommy was proud, and I was proud!

Soon, Avery will get to celebrate her half-birthday with a lunch date at school. She delicately looked at Mommy, and with a super sweet voice, asked, "Mommy, do you think on my half birthday, Daddy can bring me lunch... instead of you?" It's her half birthday, so Avery gets what Avery wants - Daddy and mac and cheese from Willie's.

Taking Mom and Dad to school... super special!


Love,
Kate Panda Class McClinton

1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful playset. It looks like Oscar is thanking Jordan for the new floor. You better watch that lamp--with all of those feathers, it might fly away. I really like Amelia's pig tail and bow.

    ReplyDelete