Monday, March 21, 2011

Spring Break 2011

During Spring Break, Daddy traveled on business, so that left Kate, me and Mommy home together... for 5 long days. I had to be creative about what I was planning to do with our time. I wanted it to be memorable.

So, I started on the first night Daddy was gone. I woke up at 1:30 am and demanded to call Daddy. Unreasonable as she is, Mommy told me no. So I turned on all the lights upstairs, woke up Kate, and had a little playtime. It took Mommy about an hour to realize I wasn't singing myself back to sleep before she came up and cut the play time short. Spoil sport!

Next, we got to pet-sit Mitzi and Rascal for Nana and DD. I thought it'd be fun to send Mitzi down our new slide. Mom is so boring... she said no more of that and instigated an 'ask before you touch' rule for the dogs. Luckily, she's not always watching me, and therefore doesn't always know if I'm obeying or not.

Things were starting to get more exciting, but just to be sure, I decided to style and cut my Barbie's hair. Mommy disciplined me for 'being destructive'. This was absolutely unacceptable. Who does she think she is? I figured out the perfect way to show her... I gave Kate bangs! That should teach Mommy to think she's the boss of me. (Except she somehow came up with a consequence for my actions that put her back in the driver's seat... how does she do that?!?)

We had had almost enough fun... almost. For my grand finale, I had to plan something really awesome. The plan worked perfectly!

After I got in bed Saturday night, I heard Mommy searching the house, calling Mitzi's name. I heard her call Daddy and frantically tell him to hurry home from the grocery store because Mitzi had run away. I heard her take the flashlight out to the street and yell for Mitzi. When Mommy finally realized that there was no way Mitzi could have gotten out of an open door and she couldn't find a spot where Mitzi had dug out, I knew my gig was up. Mom came upstairs. It went like this:
Mom: "Avery, is Mitzi in here with you?"
Avery: "No, she's in the cabinet."
Mom: "What??? She's where???"
Avery: "She's in the cabinet. The one I play in. I put her in there earlier today."
Mom (as she sprints downstairs): "You did WHAT?!?"
Sure enough, there was Mitzi, covered in her own urine, hiding in the cabinet in the kitchen. I'd say she was in there a good 3-5 hours before that little game played itself out (Mitzi seemed happy as ever...amazingly). Mommy wondered why Mitzi didn't try to get out or bark the whole time she was in there, and DD says maybe it's because it was one of the only places Mitzi actually felt safe.

Mitzi and Rascal are safe at their home now. I'm back to school and 'real' life. But I think I did a pretty good job of making this a Spring Break to remember!


Love,
Avery 'Mischievous but not Downright Evil' McClinton

2 comments:

  1. Yes, you, most likley won't forget this spring break. I am sorry, but I had to laugh. Hope this week goes better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. After reading this again, it's as if Avery was cloned from Nana (Cindy)

    ReplyDelete