Monday, December 6, 2010

Mommy's Birthday!

This week we celebrated Mommy's birthday. I decided a few weeks ago that I really wanted to make Mommy a fondant cake and it had to have flowers. We were pressed for time on Saturday, so Mommy baked the cake while we shopped for the ingredients for the fondant. When I found out Mommy was making her own cake, I was deeply bothered. "But she can't make her own cake! It's her birthday!" Mommy assured me it was okay, Daddy helped me decorate the cake, and in the end, it turned out faaaaaan-cy.

I also told Mommy that I thought we should go ice-skating for her birthday. One time around the rink and I was done with the heavy shoes, but Katie had a blast going around with Daddy (especially when he picked her up and skated super fast).

On Sunday, we got to eat the cake and celebrate with Mommy some more. Kate caught Nana singing, "Happy Birthday, Jesus... I'm so glad it's Christmas..." and had a stern word for her: "No no, Nana! Mommy 'Irh-day!"

CLICK HERE FOR PICTURES OF THE WEEK (including Daddy's trip to Vegas)

Love,
Avery Professional Birthday Celebrator McClinton

3 comments:

  1. I am not surprised to see the flowers on Angela's cake, since Avery decorated it. Good job! Avery always gets frustrated when Amelia doesn't act right in pictures. So funny. I got a little dizzy seeing the Hoover Dam pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The cake is gorgeous! Looks like a really fun day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am in awe of Jordan's cake decorating skills! Hope you had a great birthday Ang!

    ReplyDelete