Monday, December 13, 2010

In Sickness and In Health...

This week, Avery was sick, sick, sick! For two days straight, she laid on the couch, moaned, complained of a stomach, tooth, and headache, and generally was absolutely miserable. Poor Avery even felt so bad that she fell asleep on the examining room table at the doctor's office! I didn't understand why she wasn't playing with me and why Mommy would tell me no when I tried to sing to her and kiss her on the couch.

Luckily, Daddy was home this week and Mommy was still able to take me to Little Gym and other fun Kate time things. I got to help shop for Christmas and had lots of quality time with whichever parent wasn't in the sick room (usually Mommy... I gather that Daddy is the nurturing one when we're sick).

Avery didn't really feel well for most of the week, but luckily she perked right up in time for us to go to school Friday and in time for weekend fun. On Friday, I had my Panda Class Christmas party that both Mommy and Daddy got to come to. Then, to give tired parents a break after a long week of sick, Nana and DD hosted us for a sleepover. To end the healthy weekend, we went to our annual Rowdy Rebel Christmas party at Clay's. They had leftover snow from their Snow Day, and even though Avery told Daddy, "It's not snow, Daddy. It's dirty ice," in the end, she came around and we had a blast.


Love,
Kate "The Picture of Health" McClinton

1 comment:

  1. I love Katie's big smile on the picture with her "present" bag. So sorry Avery was ill. Hope this week will be better.

    ReplyDelete