Monday, April 12, 2010

Happy Birthday, DD!

My DD turned another year older this weekend, and I got to help him celebrate in style. First, I painted a poster for him. Katie Beth helped. By standing on it and tracking paint all over the kitchen.

Then, Mommy and Daddy made him a special cake (with my critical eye giving advice here and there). It wasn't going to be ready until Sunday, so when I went to spend the night with him on Saturday night, I tried so hard not to give away the secret...

In the bathtub...
(Rolling out a washcloth) "DD, I'm making some fondant for my cake." (Oops!)

In the kitchen, later...
"DD! For your birthday, I'm giving you a..." (warning look from Nana)... "Kate!"

On Sunday, we went to The Aquarium to celebrate DD's birthday. He really loves me and Kate, because he's happily given up restaurants like Fogo De Chao for birthday celebrations in favor of the happy screams and shrieks he gets at The Aquarium. For DD's birthday, I got to ride the train into the shark tunnel, ride the carousel, dance with bubbles, count eels, squeal with glee at the sea horses, and eat a delicious meal. Thank you for loving me so much, DD, that you choose such a special place for me to eat at on your birthday!


Love,
Avery "Celebrate in Style" McClinton

1 comment:

  1. What a special cake for Philip. I know there is nothing he would enjoy more, than being with his three little girls-Avery, Kate, and Amelia.

    ReplyDelete