Monday, December 14, 2009

Meeting Santa

For the last two years, I've kept my distance from the Jolly Old Man. I wasn't interested in coming down the stairs in my own house until I was sure that he had left after delivering the presents.

But this year, I'm starting to understand that I need to let Santa know what I want for Christmas so he can get me just the right presents.

We had a party at church on Wednesday night, and... Santa stopped by! He was loud and jovial, and so I clung to Daddy and didn't quite have the bravery it takes to sit on his lap and tell him what I wanted. I've been telling Mommy I want a Barbie from Santa, but when he gave me my present, I was surprised to find baby doll stuff instead!

Mommy said maybe next week we'll go see Santa at the mall. She said he's not so excited when he's not at a party and then I can sit on his lap and give him my "Santa" wish list:
a Barbie
a train set
"one of those things where you stand on it and use one leg" ("a scooter?" "yes, Mommy. And Santa will bring me one with Snow White on it.")

Until then, hopefully Santa is a mind reader because I certainly didn't share my wish list with him Wednesday!


Love,
Avery "Santa Stranger Danger" McClinton

PS - We mailed out our Christmas cards this weekend, so, in true McClinton tradition, we've included the outtakes in our weekly pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment