Monday, November 24, 2008

Sick Again!

Dear Family,

I think Baby Kate wants to be like me! This past week, she came down with my old virus! I tried to tell her that copy-catting is really dangerous when it comes to viruses, but she was already committed to the illness by then. Kate kept Mom and Dad up for hours and hours at night with her congestion, so on Tuesday night, Nana came to stay with us and give Mom and Dad a chance to sleep and therefore function. Poor Kate survived with no medication (there's nothing they can do for an infant!), but did go through the whole week unable to breathe, coughing, sneezing - she even lost her voice for a while and Mama had to set her alarm to wake up to feed her at night because her cry wasn't loud enough! Kate is doing much better now (almost at 100%), but it once again made for a long week at home.

Luckily, before Kate got sick, I did get to see my playgroup friends at a pajama jam. I got to dance and show off Baby Kate. During one scary song (Day-Oh), I had to have Mom hold her hand over my eyes so it wouldn't scare me anymore. It was great to be back in the action!

While we were once again quarantined at home, Mom dug deep to come up with ways to entertain me. We bathed my toys, read LOTS of books, made muffins, decorated the house for Christmas, got reprieve from Nana, Granddaddy, and Nonnie. I also played a fun "night night" game with my princesses, and Mommy listened in as I tucked Mulan into "bed" and then said to her, "Minute, Muyan, I hug Tink now." Mama says play imitates life right now, and I am really turning a corner with understanding sharing and accepting my sister!

The last piece of news from the week is that yesterday, Kate celebrated her 1 month birthday! Weighing in at 7 lbs 5 oz, she has exceeded the doctor's growth expectations and has added a priceless and precious (although sleepless) aspect to the McClinton family! We love her so much (even me, now)!

Love,

Avery "Can we leave the house yet?" McClinton

No comments:

Post a Comment