Wednesday, January 16, 2013

When Daddy's Away

Sometimes, Daddy travels.  When he's gone, we get by pretty well.  It's always better when he is home, but we tackle whatever comes our way while he's gone (usually with help...)

We all miss Daddy though.  But no one shows him love and yearning for him to be home quite like I can.

I climb into his side of the bed each morning he's gone with a sad face on.  I ask how many more days until I can see him.  When he calls, I tell him I need him to come home to cuddle.  And Mommy sent him this picture on the last day he was gone:

Does my face not say it all?

And when he finally gets home, it is a proper hero's welcome.  I run to his arms.  I smile at him.  I giggle.  I cling to his side and hold his hand.  And every few minutes, I kiss his face and smile, a deep, soul-satisfied smile.

In the mornings, I find him in his spot, right where he belongs, and the world is right again.

Daddy knows we all miss him.  But he and I have similar personalities and there's a special bond we share.  When Daddy returns, no one says, "Welcome Back" like a Kate Beth can!

Click here for pictures

Love,
Kate

No comments:

Post a Comment