Sunday, January 9, 2011

Big Bunk Bed!

(Our big news, as told by Kate:)

"Kay-Kay-Kay-Kay New Bed! Kate-Kate boh'um. Eggie toh bonk."

In other words, this week we got a new bunk bed! Kate sleeps on the bottom, and I sleep on top. Mommy and Daddy are rearranging and redecorating the whole upstairs. The game room is all done (the rest of the house is in process).

My old, purple room is being used to hold a bunch of stuff right now. Kate and I both live in the pink room now - in bunk beds! Mommy is working on making my room a Fancy Nancy "flowers and butterflies" room. She says it's going to take a long time and Daddy is going to paint some, but this week we got all new furniture and got to put all of our clothes and toys away in our new room! I love to play Rapunzel on my top bunk and use my lovey as my long hair. Mommy gets to be Mother Gothel and Kate gets to be Flynn. The fun never stops in a room with new furniture!

Two special things happened when I started sharing a room with Kate. I get to spend nap time on the couch playing my Leapster Explorer instead of staying in my room, and now at night time, I get to do something important with Mommy or Daddy for while after Kate gets in bed. Some nights I watch a show with Daddy, some nights I fold laundry or sort toys with Mommy, and some nights, we color or play Play-Doh. Mommy says it's to let Kate fall asleep, but some nights she just plays and waits for me to come to bed. Those nights are especially fun - we chat and sing to each other until we can't keep our eyes open anymore.

Sharing a room with sister is so much fun!


Love,
Avery and Kate "Bunk Bed Buddies" McClinton

2 comments:

  1. Bunk beds look like fun for the girls. I like the game room, but the video wins first prize. Did she eat her "bocly"?

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, poor baby girl did not eat her 'bocly' that night! She had to go upstairs while Avery ate dessert because it was just too heartbreaking to watch. Haha. Nana said sometimes she doesn't eat her broccoli, and DD says he never does. I'm sure they made it up to her this weekend!

    ReplyDelete