Monday, July 20, 2009

Accomplishments, a wedding, and Camp Nana


This week I spent a lot of time at Camp Nana since my mommy was in her friend's wedding and Mommy and Daddy ran a race and celebrated an anniversary.

Camp Nana's house is always such fun; we are growing a sweet potato plant as a science experiment, we made brownies, we painted a bird house, we made art projects using food, we swam... Nana and DD even were super brave and took Katie and I to the Rainforest Cafe!

I got really mad at Mommy this week, though. She sure was leaving me a lot and I don't like it. I tried to show her: I cried, I pouted, I "acted out" (smearing my poop on the bed and floor somehow didn't get the message across...)

But Mommy and Daddy had a wonderful time at Miss Charlotte's beautiful wedding. Then, on Saturday, they ran in the Lunar Rendezvous Run at Space Center Houston (Mommy's first ever race!). After they ran, they stayed and enjoyed the day. It was 13 years ago this week that Mommy and Daddy went on their first date to Space Center Houston and ate star french fries (which apparently no longer exist). A race and 13 years - 2 accomplishments!

July 22, 1996

July 2009

Katie's crawling is unbelievable, she scales stairs at alarming rates, grew a new tooth this week, and says, "dada", "baba" (bye, bye), and mouths "Mama." So many changes!

CLICK HERE FOR PICTURES OF THE WEEK

Love,
Avery Llama, Mad at Mama

3 comments:

  1. Love your dating pic at Space Center. If I remember correctly I think I met you guys right around that time, too funny.

    Wow, Kate sure can crawl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE the picture. And I love you guys together. 13 years later, wow!

    How come Katie looks so big in your pictures but like such a tiny girl when I see her?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had lost this blog space, I don't know anything about blogs, so I was so glad that you sent me it again in an email. I saved it in my favorites, so it is safe now, lol. You all look so wonderful and sooooooo happy. Angela, running a marathon, so proud of you, that is such a feat : ) What a love story the two of you have.

    Love you,

    Jodi

    ReplyDelete